The Old Rectory Guest House
The Old Rectory is a Northern Ireland Tourist Board registered 4 Star guesthouse and has been family owned and run for the last 24 years.
The Old Rectory was built in 1896 for Rev Richard Seaver, minister of nearby St John’s Parish Church, Malone. Henry Seaver, brother of the minister, was the architect of both St John’s Church and the Victorian Rectory. The buildings both have beautiful stained glass windows and the church has several by Belfast born artist Wilhelmina Geddes.
The Old Rectory Guesthouse is on the corner of Malone Road and Deramore Park South. The area known as Malone comes from the Irish – Maigh Luain meaning “Luan’s plain” or plain of the lambs and is now a leafy residential suburb of Belfast. Deramore Park, which in Irish is Pairc Dhoire Mor, means the Great Oak Wood. All our rooms are named for former local estates and some have views of the Belfast mountains.